We CAN operate in a safe contactless manner to businesses and members of the public under COVID alert Level 3 and Level 2.
If we are at Level 4, we can operate as essential contractors for businesses that require our services- but we CANNOT do collections for residential customers.
Here at Junk Run we were working through the level 4 COVID 19 lockdown as essential contractors for the Auckland hospitals. Therefore, we have already implemented the Ministry of Health (MOH) guidelines to protect the health of our team members, clients, business partners and members of the public.
We are following New Zealand Ministry of Health (MOH) guidance:
- Under alert level 4 and 3 all our office support team members that can work from home, are doing so. We run our meetings and training sessions remotely via video technology.
- Our entire team has had additional and ongoing refresher training and briefings on the new protocols we are to follow- and having worked for most of the Level 4 lockdown period at the hospitals (which have very strict Health and Safety requirements) we are also now very experienced in the new “normal”.
- Our Operational team has extra strict hygiene protocols in place, including access to and the use of extra PPE such as gloves, respirators and masks (for use where required). The trucks all carry hospital grade hand sanitizer, wipes and sprays. These are used to clean down surfaces that are being touched like door handles, the steering wheel, indicators and handbrake. This wipe down is done in between each job when we are at Level 3 or 4.
- During alert Level 4 and 3 our Operational team is split into two person, separate isolated shifts. Each truck team operates within their own discreet bubbles. Staff are able to maintain the 1 metre distancing rule from each other- even within the cab. If they are required to work with another team then the 2 – metre rule distancing rule applies.
- Strict physical distancing protocols (including following the 2-metre rule) is being used for all interactions with clients and our business partners.
- Payment for our services will only be possible via direct transfer into our bank account – or through a phone credit card transaction which clients will do themselves with our customer support staff to prevent face to face contact if we are at alert level 3 (or 4) . No eftpos machine or cash payments can be accepted at this time. Payment is due before or at the completion of the job.
- Our booking process means we are able to keep track which staff attended your job, and who we interacted with at your premises- so we are able to provide this to MOH if any COVID case management tracking may be required.
- You may be asked if you or anyone in your bubble has had contact with COVID, is isolating or awaiting test results or is showing any symptoms. We may have to adjust our service provision accordingly depending on your answers to this – to keep our team and the wider community safe.
- Finally all our staff are aware of the need to keep track of their own personal movements outside of work, to ensure they have not visited any places of interest during community outbreaks.
We look forward to helping you “send your junk to a better place” and thank you for supporting our locally owned and operated Kiwi business.
Copyright ©2020. Junk Run Ltd. NZ. All Rights Reserved.